One of the important elements of a site are the images that accompany it. To help enhance and brand your site though images, UA provides these Logos and Wordmarks and Photoshop Actions.
Logos and Wordmarks
UA Web developers are encouraged to use the University nameplates and wordmarks to identify their pages as part of the UA Web site. Use of these images is restricted to persons developing either Official or Unofficial Web pages for The University of Alabama.
UA has created several Adobe Photoshop actions that will help with developing images for the UA’s Templates and WordPress Theme. The first set of actions can size and crop an image to specified dimensions which are prevalent in the templates and theme. The second set of actions helps to adjust color and contrast in images in order to bring out their full potential.
Disclaimer: All actions were created in Photoshop CS3 and may not work with earlier versions of Photoshop.
Installing UA’s Photoshop Actions
- Unzip the file
- Open Photoshop and navigate to “Window > Actions”
- When the Actions window appears, look to the right of the window where a down arrow next to three lines is. Click this.
- Choose "Load Actions..." from the list and browse to the action set you want to instal
- Select the action set and hit "load"
- A folder containing the UA actions now appears in the actions window
Using Photoshop Actions
- Open up the image file you want to edit
- Open the actions window and click on the folder to view the actions
- Choose the action you want to apply to the image
- Hit play (The triangle icon) on the bar below
- After the action has been applied, save your image